You may wish to know that SITA, managers of the sand and gravel extraction/landfill operations on the land next door to us at Barfield, have submitted three planning applications, as follows:
1. Extension of time for Area A ( both new letter and original letter of July 2011)
2. Extension of time for Inert Recycling Plant
3. Retention of Mortar Plant (Tarmac)
While these plans do not necessarily represent an increase in traffic or noise that will impact on the school, they do represent a long-term breaking of planning rules by SITA and also a lack of regulatory monitoring and upholding by Surrey County Council. Permission of these plans would mean a continuation of the work the site next door to us, which should have been completed and restored in its entirety by the end of this year, 2012.
Here are some letters from the RAG (Runfold Action Group) objecting to planning applications on the site at SITA. We are broadcasting these letters of objection should you wish to use them as a template for your own letter of objection to Surrey County Council.
- SITA Planning Application Area A Objection Letter
- SITA Inert Recycling Plant Letter of Objection
- Mortar Plant at South Runfold Letter of objection cp